- It is not necessary that you ask God to give us good health. The important thing is that He gives us the measure of health that will best glorify Him.
- We do not want you to pray that God will give us an easy path on them mission field and remove obstacles. Rather pray that He gives strength and grace to overcome for Him.
- It is not so important that you pray that God should bless our activities. Ask that He censor our activities, for it is easy for time and energy to be spent on second-best things.
- Pray that, like the Apostle Paul, we may be willing to deny ourselves in order to make our lives an example to the believers. Sometimes this means forfeiting rights, privileges, and material conveniences we have taken for granted all our lives, but which are stumbling blocks to missionary service.
- Do not pray for us as though we live on a higher plane. We can become lonely, discouraged, irritable, and impatient, and we can do a lot of missionary work simply in the energy of the flesh. Pray that the love of Christ may constrain us in all that we do.
-An anonymous missionary
Photo credit: Creative Commons