The following are some websites, blog posts, articles and lists that I have found interesting or helpful for supporting and understanding missions.
- 101 Creative Ways to Support World Missions
- 10 Ways to Help Kids Love Missions
- 13 Ways to Bless Missionaries Without Paying for Postage
- The Missionary Closet – does your church have one? Here’s what should be in it (it’s not what you think!)
- How To Pray for Missionaries
– Beyond “God Bless Our Missionaries”
- How to Pray for Your Pastor (it works for missionaries too!)
- How To Make a Difference in the Local Church – some simple suggestions for the Christian who wants to make an impact at home.
- Desiring God – my favorite online resource for Christians
- Eastgate Bible Fellowship – our sending church!
- ABWE – the mission agency that supports our sending church
- Joshua Project – incredible resource for learning about unreached people groups
- So you want to be a missionary… – a good summary of the questions to ask yourself if you think God might be calling you to missions.
- That famous “Africa Needs God” editorial – if you’ve never read it, do!
- Why We Share the Gospel – as thorough an explanation as possible about why we’re “missional” (besides the fact that God is!)
- David Brainerd’s Blog – Yep, you read that right! Someone has transcribed entries from the journal kept in 1745 and 1746 by this young minister to the Indian tribes of Massachusetts, Pennsylvania, and New Jersey.
- A Giving Perspective – a good blog post about having the right perspective on giving.