I do pretty well with annual photo albums (I create photobooks for each year), but I also want Susanna to have a collection of memories from her life that I created with her in mind. Every couple of months, Shutterfly offers a free 5×7 card and a discount on stationary. Sometimes, like at Christmas, I take advantage and order my cards. I sent a few to family members for Valentine’s Day as well.
But one of my favorite ways to take advantage of these cards is to create a little memory for Susanna. You can’t see it here, but this one has 6 additional photos of Susanna’s first Easter on the back as well.
I really wanted to share this memory-making idea with you, but you should know Shutterfly compensates me for posting the image link seen here.
Who am I kidding? I’m never wordless.
This little lady goes in for her 4 month check up today.
These are photos from Susanna’s newborn photoshoot.
You can also read our September prayer letter.
In preparation for being a mama, I’ve been doing some things that are pretty new to me; some healing things.
- creating a beautiful space, painted a gorgeous shade of pinkish lavender, where little Susanna and I can bond (and she can hopefully sleep)
- reading a book called Motherless Daughters: the Legacy of Loss and addressing some things from my past
- being grateful for the amazing women in my life who stepped up
- discussing parenting and kid-friendly activities with my husband
- wearing flats, doing my makeup and hair, seeing a chiropractor and continuing to take the stairs when possible. i.e.: taking care of myself
- collecting children’s book titles
- praying about Very Serious Issues Such As Finances
- being, not just feeling, beautiful
- Photo courtesy of Kellie O’Brien Photography
Special thanks to my friend Kellie for taking amazing maternity photos!
I hate to be cold. Hate it. So I took 15 minutes to venture outside my toasty warm home and take some photos today. It isn’t much, but it sure shuts down this hilly, lake-filled part of the country.