Yesterday we needed a quick snack before we headed out for a ministry visit, so I made these bacon and egg “muffins” over toast.
12 round slices of Canadian Bacon (mine came from Trader Joe’s)
Salt and pepper or seasoned salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Press one slice of Canadian bacon into each slot in your muffin tin
- Crack an egg over each slice of Canadian bacon
- Put in preheated oven for 10-15 minutes, depending on how runny you like your eggs.*
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
*I wasn’t satisfied with the doneness of the eggs after 12 minutes. I was going for “over-medium” and the whites still seemed runny, so I turned on the broiler for another 2 minutes. It definitely finished cooking the egg but I think it would have been better to just be patient with the oven.
This was delicious over toast the next day, but Chris can’t eat bread. He is looking forward to trying it over hashbrowns.