In preparation for being a mama, I’ve been doing some things that are pretty new to me; some healing things.
- creating a beautiful space, painted a gorgeous shade of pinkish lavender, where little Susanna and I can bond (and she can hopefully sleep)
- reading a book called Motherless Daughters: the Legacy of Loss and addressing some things from my past
- being grateful for the amazing women in my life who stepped up
- discussing parenting and kid-friendly activities with my husband
- wearing flats, doing my makeup and hair, seeing a chiropractor and continuing to take the stairs when possible. i.e.: taking care of myself
- collecting children’s book titles
- praying about Very Serious Issues Such As Finances
- being, not just feeling, beautiful
Special thanks to my friend Kellie for taking amazing maternity photos!
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!